Wednesday 4 December 2013

Countdown to Christmas Day 4

Hey!

I'm back this afternoon with day 4 of my Countdown to Christmas, this mornings post HERE was by Gillian our December Guest Designer who won the last Uniko Studio Challenge. Be sure to check out Gillian's beautiful & festive card as a challenge reminder. There is still 10 days to get your entires linked up.

Ok, back to my project for today...




The inspiration for this card came from the current CASology challenge HERE which is ribbon. I had all the usual ideas of using ribbon on cards, tags & gifts floating around my mind. Then all of a sudden it came to me - a gift card, but not in the usual sense of creating a gift card holder but merely a card disguised as a gift. 




Yes, it's not an original idea but it's what came to me and sometimes you just have to go with the flow! I've used minimal supplies on the card and any colour ribbon can be used. You could even match the colours to your actually gift wrapping for the year if you are a colour coordinating theme person. 




I decided to add a small die cut heart tag stamped with a 'With Love' sentiment from Flower Power #3, but it would still look pretty & festive even without the tag. Thinking about this card now as I type it doesn't even have to be a card for Christmas, it would suit any occasion. 

That's all from me today & I hope I've inspired you a little bit to use some of that ribbon I know you're hoarding like me! I'll be back tomorrow at the usual time of 9am GMT with Day 5 of the countdown, with something a little different! Until then, thank you for stopping by today :)



Supplies
Card Stock: SU! Crumb Cake. Dovecraft White
Ink: VersaFine Onyx Black
Stamps: Uniko Studio Flower Power #3
Accessories: Sizzix Framelit Heart Dies, Gingham Ribbon from stash. Linen Thread. Foam Adhesive

10 comments:

  1. another quick idea for a beautiful card Beverley, thanks xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've worked magic with these simple items! Fabulous card!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super sweet! The CAS Challenge at splitcoast this week is red and white, you should link this up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bev you had me at gingham! ;)
    Beautiful card. Thank you for joining us this week at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty CAS design...you have used one of my favorite color combos and I love how you tied the ribbon like a present...sooo clever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your fun take on the cue word... the gingham ribbon is perfect!! thanks so much for playing along with CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving the gingham and I now remember I made some cards of a similar design last year, pre-blog, and forgot all about them. So thank you for the inspiration x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhh, a package all tied up with gingham ribbon ... simply gorgeous, Bev! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This would be a good card for Valentine's day too ~ love the CAS design!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pure CAS perfection! So clever and sweet, I love your design sensibilities Beverly, always right on the mark!

    Thanks so much for adding this lovely creation to the CASology Gallery and joining is this week at CASology!! Hope to keep seeing your entries again and again!!...Love your style, stamps and lovely creations!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated