Monday 9 September 2013

Design Team Inspiration - Chevrons

Hey everyone! It's Nicki here from the design team, and I have a fun card to share with you today!

One of my favorite Uniko Studio stamp sets is Background Builders: Chevrons. I decided to use it as the main focus on this card.

I first cut a piece of white cardstock for the main panel. Then, using the smaller double chevron stamp from the set, created a pattern using 5 different color inks. Once that was done, I diecut the butterfly from the panel.

For the sentiment, I used the "Thank" from the Pure Florals: Gerbera set. Since I wanted it to say "Thanks", I inked up the last "s" from the "Happiness" stamp from the same set, and added it to the end of "Thank", which is stamped on the Baja Breeze cardstock and adhered to the back of the cardstock panel. A couple pearls give it a special touch.

The panel is adhered with foam tape for dimension. Using a scoring board, I also added a subtle frame on the cardstock base. What a FUN CAS card! I hope you all like it! :) THANKS for stopping by for a visit today!



Supplies
Card Stock: PTI White, SU - Baja Breeze
Ink: SU! Baja Breeze, Certainly Celery, Lavender Lace, Night of Navy. Tim Holtz Distress - Pumice Stone.
Stamps: Uniko Studio Background Builders: Chevrons, Pure Florals: Gerbera (sentiment)
Die: Uniko Studio Bright Butterflies
Accessories: White Pearl stickers, Foam Tape

1 comment:

Lovely Comments Appreciated