Tuesday 16 July 2013

Design Team Inspiration - How to stamp a background!

Hello dear friends,

This is Gayatri here today! I am going to share with you a simple technique for you today. This is a new feature on the blog where the design team members are going to share projects with you. I am making the start today!

I am sharing with you a basic technique but very effect technique - stamping your own background on your card front. I am not going to use a background stamp for it but I am going to use stamps from three different stamp sets to stamp my background. But first here is my card.





Here are the stamp sets I have used. They are Pure Florals: Gerbera, Pure Florals: Chrysanthemum and Time Stamp Sets.


PureFlorals-GerberaStampSetPic  PureFlorals-chrysanthProdPic  TimeWebsitePic

Here is the picture tutorial on how to stamp your own background.




Once you have filled the gap with tiny stamps, here is how the card front looks. 




 Now that the background is so pretty and colourful, I want to showcase it. So I stamped the sentiment from Pure Florals: Chrysanthamum on a strip of white cardstock and mounted using foam adhesives. Here is the finished card.




Here are two more cards using the same set of stamps plus Flower Power #1 stamp set. I have also interchanged the colours. So the card are similar but not the same.






You can choose your colour combination, combine stamp from different stamp sets and stamp your own background and make a beautiful card gift set. If you make them please upload them into our Flickr gallery. We love to see your gorgeous project.

 This is not all, there is another new exciting feature on this blog this Thursday. Yay! Stay tuned!

Thanks for visiting!

Hugs!

 photo gayatri_signature_zpsac2827ca.png


8 comments:

  1. Love the mix of stamps you've used Gayatri, a combo I wouldn't have thought of using together but pair so wonderfully together. Such vibrant colours too which makes me happy :) the photo step guide is very useful too. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are gorgeous!!! thanks so much for showing the step by step

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all three cards, but the colours of the third particularly appeal to me. It's the way the yellow gerbera jumps out at you. Thanks for the tutorial, great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooo - this is fabulous Gayatri. seriously setting the bar really high for us gals here ;) love how you showed your steps and that you used such fun bright colors. and it looks easy peasy enough :) thanks for inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. a fabulous technique with a beautiful result! Thanks for sharing your tips, Gayatri!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated