Tuesday 4 September 2012

Tech...no?...Florals...yes?!

Hey!

So, you might know that I'm a bit of a technology lover, it kinda comes with the job really but I really do LOVE what I do! I am a bit traditional still with my crafting & I do love to ink my stamps up but to keep up with the times Uniko Studio decided a while back to offer some digital products mainly patterned paper collections to purchase and download and a couple of digital stamp collections.

Today I thought I would focus on a couple of digital products available from Uniko Studio. First up is English Country Garden, 




English Country Garden is a digital stamp collection featuring 3 flowers a butterfly & 2 sentiments and all of the come as an Adobe Photoshop Brush & as a PNG file. This digital set was released along side this next collection...




This set of Classic designs in Summery colours is perfect for creating that country feel to your card whether it be a totally hybrid creation or a traditional hybrid mash up! 

So how about a few NEW projects to show you...




For this first card I used the Retro Sketch challenge sketch is used yesterday HERE and you can see the challenge HERE. I created the floral file the size I wanted in Adobe Photoshop and stamped the flower and sentiment. Once printed trimmed to size and coloured with Distress Markers.




This next card was also created digitally...




I started out by choosing the polka dot paper and resizing it so the dots were smaller and then I created another layer to stamp the butterfly image in different sizes and used the transform too to change their direction.




I filled the butterflies in 2 colours contained in the paper collection and the larger butterfly in white. I the printed the same size larger butterfly onto another of the patterned paper which I had resized smaller. Fussy cut it out & mounted over the top to give some dimension.

Now for a couple of projects using these products...




The card above uses the rose image from English Country Garden and I have used the Copic gradient technique for the ombre effect.




I just LOVE using the butterfly image! 




That's all I have for today, but I will be back again tomorrow, hopefully at the usual time! Thanks for stopping by!
Hugs


2 comments:

  1. Hi Bev, a lovely set of cards! The candy colours are super, very fresh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These cards are absolutely gorgeous Beverley - thanks for the inspiration.

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated