Thursday 1 March 2012

Feel Better Flower!

Happy March 1st! It's been a sunny day here in the North East and the temperatures are rising slowly and I can feel Spring is around the corner! This is reflected vaguely in the card I have to share with you all today! 

I popped along to The Paperlane my local craft shop today to see what new goodies Caz had in the shop and to buy some more Sizzix dies. I have been slowly collecting various shapes like the hearts and stars and this time I bought the flowers. It's a lovely shaped and I thought it would pair lovely with my stamps so in the basket they went! One thing I LOVE about the Sizzix dies is that they have the die measurements on the packet, a simple yet useful thing to know! You can see a project HERE where I have used the hearts. 

Anyway, onto todays card ... 




I'm back to my comfort zone today of CAS! However I seem to be on a Kraft CS kick at the moment! This card is SO simple yet I love the way it turned out! 

I simply chose the 2 1/4" flower die and used it to cut out a frame from the mat CS layer. When I had die cut the shape it had left a slight embossed frame around the edge so I used my quickie glue pen and added some Hero Arts prisma glitter  - gotta love that stuff! I then stamped the sentiment below using Raspberry Fizz ink.

Before I adhered the layer to the base card with foam pads, I temporarily adhered it to the card base with removable adhesive so that I could position the clock face perfectly and stamp it using Raspberry Fizz ink.   I also rounded the corners to soften the edges of the card to reflect the soft curves of the flower.

Ta dah! Such an easy card with SO many mix and match options with all the sentiments & clock faces available in the Uniko Studio Time & Extra Time stamp sets! 

I'm off to squeeze in another card before I catch up with some TV series with my hunny! Blue Bloods & Fringe are calling me! LOL!

Thanks for stopping by today!
Hugs

3 comments:

  1. A gorgeous CAS card, Bev! I love the negative die cut - fabby!
    Hugs
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the use of negative die cut. Fabulous card, Bev!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated